~ Primary 7
Mr. Hall & Mr. Clyde
Personal Development and Mutual Understanding
– Making a mini water treatment plant
– Building and testing a model submarine
– Designing new crisp bags for Tayto
– Interactive organ website
– Research internet for areas under study
– Products produced in N. Ireland
– Tayto www.tayto.com
– Water www.niwater.com
– Produce a healthy eating leaflet
Spellings – 8 to 10 spellings will be set on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week. They will be tested the next day in class.
Friday Test – Each Friday all of the week’s spellings will be tested in class.
Tables/Number Facts – Learn throughout the week in preparation for Friday test.
Literacy Homework – A literacy homework will be set each Monday and Wednesday night. (All written homeworks must be signed for points to be awarded)
Numeracy Homework – A Numeracy homework will be set each Tuesday and Thursday night. (All written homeworks must be signed for points to be awarded)
Reading – Please discuss your child’s reading with him/her and sign their homework diary
Homework vouchers will be given out when pupils have reached 200 points!
– Multiplying decimals by decimals
– Order a set of consecutive 3 d.p. numbers (increasing and decreasing)
– Order a set of non-consecutive 3 d.p. numbers (increasing and decreasing)
– Demonstrate value of digits in any 3 d.p. number
– Round 3 d.p. numbers to the nearest whole number, and to 1 d.p. and 2d.p.
– Mentally calculate multiples of 10% of quantities (e.g. 30% of 140 as (10% of 140) x 3)
– Mentally calculate %s of multiples and factors of 100
– (e.g. find 18% of 300 as 18 x 3)
– Use negative numbers in calculations in everyday contexts
– Understand triangular numbers through spatial arrangements
– Understand the effect of using brackets in calculations.
– Use understanding of different ways of funding large purchases to decide on most cost effective choice e.g. calculating total cost of a holiday using different payment schemes.
Shape & Space
– 2D shape – recognition, properties, symmetry, angles
– 3D shape – recognition, properties, nets
– Tables- Multiply & Divide by 2-12
– Number Facts (Competencies)
– Mental Maths – IZAK9 tasks with shape
Surveys, tallying, traffic surveys, bar graphs, line graphs pie charts (P7), mean, mode, median, range, probability
Tables – Multiply & Divide by 2-12</
Number Facts (Competencies)<
Revise place value of any whole number up to at least 5 digits (P7- six digits)
Count, read, write and order whole numbers to 900’000 (P7- One million)
Count, read, write, order and work with decimals two 2 decimal places (P7- three decimal places)
Multiply and divide whole numbers and decimals by 10, 100, 1000
Develop quick recall of multiplication and division facts up to 12×12
Round, estimate and approximate numbers
Revise percentages. Find 25%, 50%, 75% (P7- 20%, 30%, up to 90% by finding 10% and multiplying appropriately
Consolidate the relationship between fractions, decimals and percentages
World Around Us
Weekly IZAK 9 P7 Challenge
Each week in class Mr Clyde introduces an IZAK 9 Challenge to P7 involving mental mathematics, logical thinking, communication and team work in order to achieve success. The class use a series of cubes to solve a problem given by Abacus and Helix online. A record of points is banked each week and the winning team will receive a prize each term.
p7 Coffee Morning Preparations
The P7 class along with Mr Clyde, Mrs Capper and Miss Johns were very busy on Thursday 19th September baking cookies, fairy cakes and top-hats in preparation for their Coffee Morning on Friday 18th October. Pupils weighed-out ingredients, followed recipes and worked together in groups to ensure all their baking was a success. The pupils in school will be able to purchase the buns on the morning and all money raised will be donated to the Air Ambulance NI.
P7 Coffee Morning for the NI Air Ambulance
Mr Clyde, Mrs Capper and the P7 class would like to thank all their supporters of and visitors to the coffee morning held in school on Friday 18th October. The pupils worked hard to make the morning a huge success and the fantastic sum of £735 was raised for the NI Air Ambulance charity. The P7s enjoyed hosting their guests and we definitely have some budding chefs among our girls and boys!